- Dutch Yellow Shallots have copper skins and and creamy yellow flesh.
- Uniform in size and are excellent keepers. Tender and spicy, with a pungent raw flavor that mellows and sweetens when cooked.
- Tolerant and can be grown in acidic soil down to 5.0 pH, but prefer 6.0-6.8 pH.
- Plant in fertile, well-drained soil.
- Approximately 20-25 per pound
- Smaller bulbs have been shown to produce less bulbs per clump, but larger bulbs. With larger bulbs, you will get more bulbs per clump but they will be smaller (article on growing Shallots).
- Mild Flavor